Time problem in the portal
New in FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced. I am developing a simple Time Management System for the School.
Here's my table and fields
Student Table AccessLog table
Student Number - Number TimeStart - Time
LastName - Text TimeEnd - Time
FirstName - Text
StudentID - Number (AutoSerial) StudentID - Number
Relationship is Student Table: StudentID and AccessLog: StudentID
Note: 1. Every student has their own record such as Name, LastName, FirstName,StudentNumber, picture etc..
2. TimeStart and TimeEnd are fields in portal from AccessLog table shown in the Student Table.
3. Every student has their own ID with barcode: (barcode=student number)
1. When the user makes their first entry into a Student Number field on the Student layout a script will record the system time in the portal as "Time Start" (first row of the portal).
2. When they make a second entry, the time will be recorded as "Time End" (first row of the portal).
3. When they make a third entry, the time will be recorded as "Time Start" (second row of the portal).
4. When they make a fourth entry, the time will be recorded as "Time End" (second row of the portal) and so on, (loop).
5. No time limit, as long as student enter their student number in the Student Number field then script will record the time either in TimeStart or TimeEnd in the portal on the student layout.
6. This is to monitor and record the time of the student or employee in the portal.
Below is my Access Time Log Script, For example I have 6 Student record in the database, the first entry of all Student record are ok because it record the time in the first row of the portal in the "Time Start" field, when I make a second entry for that particular record or student number, it is also ok, it record the time in "Time End" field. But when I make the second entry for the next record or student number it doesnt record the system time in the "Time End" field of that specific record, instead he just update the system time in the "Time Start" field in the portal. That's my problem.
Please help and thanks in advance.