3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2014 2:45 PM by JonathonKlassen

TIME Value List - Does not show 12 am / Midnight

JonathonKlassen

Title

TIME Value List - Does not show 12 am / Midnight

I have created a table called "Time Values" where each record represents a time in 15 minute intervals, I then created a value list of this table and selected the option "Include All Values".

Problem - Every time shows other than 12 AM

Notes;

- The field on 'Time Values" is a time field, if switched to a text field the 12 AM shows up, but in an unwanted order ( 1 AM, 1 PM, 1:15 AM, 1:15 PM)

- putting the record to 24:00 works, but I need the value list displayed in 12 hour time.

Please Help..

• 1. Re: TIME Value List - Does not show 12 am / Midnight
          philmodjunk

I cannot reproduce the issue. Using FileMaker 13 on Windows 7 and a simple two field table for testing, I created 4 different records with the time values shown in the table view. I then formatted a second time field with a Use Values From Field value list and formatted the second field as a pop up menu using that value list. As you can see, the values in the value list, which includes both 12 am and 12 pm match the values shown in the table, but sorted in ascending order.

• 2. Re: TIME Value List - Does not show 12 am / Midnight
            JonathonKlassen

Did you try having the Value List data on its own seperate table?

The reason i need it done like so, is because i have a Start Time and an End Time slot. The Start Time can use any system really, but the End Time slot will be using a conditional value list where it only shows you the list of times proceeding after the Start Time.

• 3. Re: TIME Value List - Does not show 12 am / Midnight
              JonathonKlassen

Ok i found out what my issue is, sadly it doesnt solve what i want accomplished.

I have a record that is 0:00 am and 12:00 am. Since they are technically both the same time, Filemaker uses only the first one it comes across.

My project is a Time Allocation system, with the following rules;

- The record can not cross over to the next day, a new record would have to be created for the following day if need be.

- You can allocate a total of 24 hours to a day, starting from morning 12am to midnight 12am.

How can i produce a time value list that has both 0:00 and 24:00 in a 12 hour system with out it being hard coded? Im feeling like this might be impossible unless its 24 hour..