2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 9:22 AM by kll3113

TimeLine graphical showing the order status and summary

kll3113

Title

TimeLine graphical showing the order status and summary

Hi everyone, 

I am recently working on my own idea, this appear as timeline, showing all important events with respect to the same order, just like the attached photo. 

left hand side is the portal showing all the order placed by the same customers. when clicked on portal row, the right hand side shows the timeline according to that order. 

when event is added/ modified, the timeline show the update automatically. 

Can anyone give me some inspiration that I can achieve this? With web viewer using JS and CSS? 

Thanks!

Ricky

timeline.jpg

• 1. Re: TimeLine graphical showing the order status and summary
          philmodjunk

With web viewer using JS and CSS?

That sounds like your best approach. In theory, you might be able to do this with a fileMaker layout and a lot of layered objects with "hide object when" settings that hide all but just a few for any given value, but it would be very complex and challenging to set up only to produce a crude approximation of what you want that may update very slowly each time you select a different portal row.

But I'm not the one to help you with the Java Script needed for this...

• 2. Re: TimeLine graphical showing the order status and summary
            kll3113

thanks Phil! 

i get your meaning but as you said, this would be really complex and the performance may be very slow. 

in fact i know nothing about Java Script and CSSsad, but i really want to achieve this since I think it can streamline the workflow for those that need to follow many order at a time. And management would easily get a overview of those orders and figure out what went wrong. 

Cheers, 

Ricky