4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2012 6:07 AM by philmodjunk

Title Footer

RobinNeeves_2

Title

Title Footer

I would like some help please,

I have created a form with Title Header, Body, Trailing Grand Summary, Footer and Title Footer.

The Title Header is used for Address, the Body is used with a Portal for product they very in quantities, Trailing Grand Summary is used to list totals of the product listed in the Portal, Footer is used for page numbering and the Title Footer is used to show terms and conditions.

If the products fit on one page all is OK, If there are to many products to fit the Trailing Grand Summary moves to the next page so I end up with the Trailing Grand Summary moving below the Title Footer, I thought the Title Footer was the last thing to be printed.

So I need the text in the Title Footer to be at the bottom of the last page and the Trailing Grand Summary to be directly below the Body.

• 1. Re: Title Footer
          davidanders

Home > Designing and creating databases > Creating and managing layouts and reports > Working with layout parts > About layout part types

About layout part types
          The following sections describe each layout part type.
          Non-summary layout parts
          Title header: Appears only once at the top of the first screen or page and replaces the normal header (if one is specified). In reports, can be used to print a separate title page. You can have only one title header in a layout.
          Any fields in the title header preview and print data from the first record in the found set.
          Header: Appears at the top of every screen or page (unless you add a title header, which supersedes the header on the first page). Use for titles or column headings (in columnar reports). You can have only one header in a layout.
          Any fields in the header preview and print data from the first record on that page.
          Body: Each object you put in the body, including fields, text objects, and graphics, appears once for each record in the found set. You can have only one body in a layout.
          Footer: Appears at the bottom of every screen or page (unless you add a title footer). You can have only one footer in a layout.
          Any fields in the footer preview and print data from the last record on that page.

Title footer: Appears only once at the bottom of the first screen or page and replaces the normal footer (if one is specified). You can have only one title footer in a layout.

Any fields in the title footer preview and print data from the last record on the first page.
          Note  In Browse mode, the title header, header, footer and title footer display the data from the active record.

• 2. Re: Title Footer
            philmodjunk

You may be able to get a bit more flexibility if you base your layout on the portal's table and thus be able to set up a list view layout that lists the portal records in the body.

Whether that works for you or not, try putting your terms and conditions in the bottom of the trailing grand summary instead of the Title Footer.

• 3. Re: Title Footer
              RobinNeeves_2

I have put the terms in the borrom of the trailing grand summary that will work if I can select the terms to be at the bottom of page any surgestions.

• 4. Re: Title Footer
                philmodjunk

Would it work to have the footer the same size on all pages?

If so you can put the terms and conditions in the footer, but use this conditional format expression to hide your terms and conditions on all but the last page:

get ( FoundCount ) = Get ( RecordNumber )