4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 11:14 PM by TorstenBernhard

Title Header - Not showing in Browse mode

hoib

Title

Title Header - Not showing in Browse mode

On FM 14 with Win 7.

Is there any particular reason why a Title Header refuses to show on in Browse Mode?  I can see it and interact with the Title Header in Layout Mode.  Merely jumping into Browse mode and it's gone.

The order I have set is:  Title Header > Header > Body > Footer.  Pretty basic.  But the Title Header is "hiding" in Browse mode.  If I select Preview, it appears.  Obviously I would like to have it show.  Is it because this layout is a List View?

H

• 1. Re: Title Header - Not showing in Browse mode
          philmodjunk

I ran some quick tests comparing FMP 13 to 14 and am getting the same results that you are:

In Browse Mode, List View, the part is not visible.

In Browse Mode, Form View, both the title and the normal headers are visible.

This does not appear to be consistent with what is described in FileMaker Help for Title headers and I suggest reporting this as at least a "documentation bug" in FileMaker.

• 2. Re: Title Header - Not showing in Browse mode
            keywords

NOTE:  I have just checked on my Mac OSX setup and get the same behaviour you report in both FM14 and FM13. I also see no inconsistency with what is in the FM Help, other than the fact that it doesn't mention anything about its visibility. Anyhow, If you want to see what the TH contains, switch to Form View.

• 3. Re: Title Header - Not showing in Browse mode
              philmodjunk

I also see no inconsistency with what is in the FM Help,

Quoting from "About Layout Part Types" in FileMaker Help in FMP 13:

Title header: Appears only once at the top of the first screen or page and replaces the normal header (if one is specified). In reports, can be used to print a separate title page. You can have only one title header in a layout.

This would seem to indicate that you will see the title header in Browse mode. There is no information in this section that you get a different result in List View instead of Form View and it certainly does not tell you that Form View will show BOTH Title and Normal headers at the same time. Neither does it indicate that this paragraph only refers to Preview Mode, the reference to "screen" indicates just the opposite.

• 4. Re: Title Header - Not showing in Browse mode
                TorstenBernhard

I can confirm your observation.