2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 9:17 AM by N.Robitaille

Toggle Border "None" vs. "Solid"

N.Robitaille

Title

Toggle Border "None" vs. "Solid"

I'm trying to accomplish something that seems very basic but I keep hitting snags.

I have a pdf award submission form that I am using as a layout background.  Data entry fields are good to go.

Where I'm falling short is on multiple choice selections where the form displays a list of words and asks the applicant to "circle one".

It would be nice to assign "hotspot" over the word where a shape or border would toggle on / off when clicked.  Buttons seem like a promising option but I haven't been able to make them work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Toggle Border "None" vs. "Solid"
          philmodjunk

Take a look at the visibility control tricks in this demo file and see if any of them will work for this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8levaz6deiyzjr8/LayoutObjectVisibilityControlDemo.fp7

• 2. Re: Toggle Border "None" vs. "Solid"
            N.Robitaille

Thanks, Phil.

These tricks gave me some cool ideas.  I wound up going with a modified approach and settling on a slightly different outcome.  In stead of circling the word in question when clicked, this method will highlight it.

Here is the updated demo file:  https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98780114/ClickToHighlight.fmp12

The first example is not printer friendly.  It's definitely a work around but it was part of the evolution to the second example, which is great.  It's a clean looking and graphically flexible alternative to the check box / radio button style value list (ie. not confined to rows and columns).  It's a great option for forms where custom placement of individual value list items is desired, it prints properly, scales much easier and it's leaner in it's assembly than the first option.

Ease of assembly is the goal here.  I'll continue searching for a way to make this as copy/paste friendly as possible.  If anyone has ideas that use "self" referencing calculations to help cut down on button calc modifications, please share.