2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2008 7:00 AM by markt

Too many licenses open - error! and sluggish port forwarding!

markt

Title

Too many licenses open - error! and sluggish port forwarding!

two things...

i have 5 filemaker licenses - one is on a laptop and is hardly ever on...another is on a computer which is rarely ever used...

i am running a separate database on 2 different host computers...

why is it telling me i have too many users running at the same time and making me shut down filemaker and database? if i can run 5 simultaneously, i should never have that problem...what do you think the problem is?

also, the remote computers that access the host database are very sluggish...it takes forever to refresh some screens...are there any tricks to speeding up system?

• 1. Re: Too many licenses open - error! and sluggish port forwarding!
          davidhead

If you are have 5 different licenses, have you made sure that each license is installed on a different machine and that no-one has installed the same license on two machines?
          With reference to your speed issues, where is the database stored and where is it hosted from? Ideally, the database should be on a local drive of the host. 

• 2. Re: Too many licenses open - error! and sluggish port forwarding!
            markt

i will double check, but i thought i made sure i didn't use a license twice...if that is not the probllem, what else could it be?

i have 1 host on a local drive on a fast computer with fast connection. all the other computers access that host thru port forwarding from a different office. those computers have a very fast internet connection and are new and fast also...but when loading the database, it takes several minutes to refresh some pages...and some are not slow, but most are slow...is there anything i can do to speed it up?