3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2013 11:17 AM by MelJackson

Tool Tips Not Showing Up

MelJackson

Title

Tool Tips Not Showing Up

For some reason my ToolTips are no longer showing.  The were working before and suddenly they're gone.

Is there something I could have mistakenly done to disable them?

Thanks,
           Mel

• 1. Re: Tool Tips Not Showing Up
          davidanders

Win or Mac?  FMP version? Current copy of the database or an old version?

http://www.filemaker.com/11help/html/edit_layout.10.29.html
          Home > Designing and creating databases > Editing objects on layouts > Adding tooltips on layouts

If you make a new database from a template with tooltips do they show?

In layout mode, View - Show Tooltips    do the fields with tooltips show icon?

IF WINDOWS

To disable tooltips follow the steps given below.
               1.     Click on Start, click on Control Panel, click on Classic View, and click on Folder Options.
               2.     Click on the View tab, scroll down to the bottom, and uncheck Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items.

3.     Click Apply, and then click OK.
          4.     You will no longer receive tooltips for folder and desktop items.

http://www.nightwing.com.au/FileMaker/demos8/demo812.html
          Tooltip Content Management without "Relationship Spaghetti" !

• 2. Re: Tool Tips Not Showing Up
            MelJackson

Windows 7
                 FMP 12 A
                 The tooltip icon does show up on the fields that it is applied to.
                 I followed steps 1-4 and the "Show Popup" selection is checked.

It is specific to a single computer.  I have 3 computers here and tested it out on another one that the tootips show up. (XP machines)  
                 There WERE showing up on my Win7 machine but suddenly they no longer show.  Not sure what's going on.

Thanks for the help!

• 3. Re: Tool Tips Not Showing Up
              MelJackson

I figured it out!!   I've been racking my brain trying to think of ANYTHING I did just before the tooltips stopped working.

It was a plugin I purchased.  Dacons Menu Control.  When I remove the plugin the tooltips work fine.

Thanks for the help!!