3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2013 2:26 AM by hrcap

Total Days Off since the start of the year

hrcap

Title

Total Days Off since the start of the year

Evening All

I require some assistance if possible please.

I have a database of employees (Table name: EMPLOYEES), i can add time off that any employee has had as one of the following (in a table titled: ABSENCES):

Accident

Holiday

Sickness  (each of these three are stored in a field titled: Type)

For each of the time off records i have a field titled: total_weekdays_off that calculates the total number of weekdays that the employee has missed due to that particular absence.

On each of the employee files i am looking to three fields that gives a calculation for the total number of weekdays that have been taken off in relation to Accidents, Holidays, and Sickness since 01/01/CurrentYear, but i cannot work out how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hadleigh

• 1. Re: Total Days Off since the start of the year
          philmodjunk

And in what format do you need to present this information? A summary report could be setup on a layout based on absences where you see the employee's name followed by three subtotals--one fore  each absence type, followed by the over all total:

John Smith

accident:  1
                    holiday:    3
                    Sickness:  5

Total: 9

Jane Jones

holiday: 2
               and so forth....

Does that work for you?

• 2. Re: Total Days Off since the start of the year
            EricBrown

Hi Hadleigh,

I might be able to help with that one...

Your joined table ABSENCES is tracking each Employee's absence with a new record dated for the absence. To calculate the total for the year you want to build a summary field or a calculation field in the EMPLOYEE record that finds related records in ABSBENCES and gives you a total. Your calculation will filter for type of absence and date. It's similar to doing a subtotal on an invoice based on invoice data:

If ( IsEmpty ( Invoice Data::INVOICE ID MATCH FIELD ) ; 0 ; Sum ( Invoice Data::Amount ) )

Yours might be a little more complicated and look something like this:

AccidentTimeOff =

If ( ABSENCES::fK_EmployeeID = K_EmployeeID and ABENCES::Reason = "Accident" and AbsenceDate > beginning of year ; Sum ( ABSENCES::TIMEOFF ) ; 0 )

SickTimeOff =

If ( ABSENCES::fK_EmployeeID = K_EmployeeID and ABENCES::Reason = "Sickness" and AbsenceDate > beginning of year ; Sum ( ABSENCES::TIMEOFF ) ; 0 )

HolidayTimeOff =

If ( ABSENCES::fK_EmployeeID = K_EmployeeID and ABENCES::Reason = "Holiday" and AbsenceDate > beginning of year ; Sum ( ABSENCES::TIMEOFF ) ; 0 )

total_weekdays_off = AccidentTimeOff + SickTimeOff  + HolidayTimeOff 

This will vary a little depending on your field names and how you want to track the year, but should do the job for you. 

• 3. Re: Total Days Off since the start of the year
              hrcap

Hi guys

thank you very much for your help it was very useful

cheers

Hadleigh