2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 7:29 AM by ianmanning

Total of a total summary field not working as I want in a report.

ianmanning

Title

Total of a total summary field not working as I want in a report.

I have a quotations database with multiple tables including the main Quote book which holds the quote details (customer, quote number, sales engineer, …) and the line items table which are related by quote number.

Products are added to the line items table via a portal on the Quote Book: Product selection layout.

There is a line items layout used for calculating costs etc  this layout is accessed from the product selection layout via a script which finds all the line items matching the quote number. This layout is a list view and there is a field in the footer Total value which is a summary field,  Total of line item values This works OK.

I have a report where I find all those quotes generated in the past week sort them by sales engineer and display and print them in a layout in the Quote book

The structure is

Header  -

Column titles

Sub summary when sorted by sales engineer   -            

Sale engineer name

Body

Contact, company, Quote number, Line items::total of line items.

Sub summary when sorted by sales engineer   -            

Line items::total of line items.

The Line Items:: Total of line items field in the body shows the correct value for each quote.

The Line Items:: Total of line items field in the Sub summary when sorted by sales engineer  shows only the value of the last quote not the total of the quotes for the sales engineer.

I assume I am using the Summary field incorrectly in some way.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Best regards

Ian