AnsweredAssumed Answered

Total Portal Rows by Item Number?

Question asked by RobertTaylor on Feb 27, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Total Portal Rows by Item Number?

Hello all - I am using Filemaker Pro 11 to create Invoices / Packing Slips for PO's we receive. I have a layout for the products we sell, as well as separate layouts for an Invoice and Packing Slip. The Invoice layout incorporates a Portal that allows me to select an item, input a quantity, and then produce a printable Packing Slip... So far, this solution is working great.

However, each week I need to generate a Report that lists the orders entered for that week - and within that report, I would like to be able to list the total amount of products that were purchased during that weekly for EACH individual item number (i.e. weekly total for item #A, weekly total for item #B, weekly total for item #C, etc., etc.)

So, if I enter 20 PO's during a given week - at the end of that week, I generate a report that shows all of those 20 PO's in a list that includes the date, the PO#, the Bill-To and Ship-To Company Names, the Item#, and corresponding Item Quantity. But, I also need a field that will show me the weekly totals for EACH item number purchased. 

As of right now, I can get all the fields I just mentioned to show up correctly in the report list - as well as the items and quantities that were purchased for each order. However, when I try and the fields within the report portal, I just get a total number for ALL the items that were purchased (i.e. Item #A + item #B + item #C, etc. etc)

Is there a way that I can get the totals for SPECIFIC item numbers within a portal (i.e. weekly total for item #A, weekly total for item #B, weekly total for item #C, etc., etc.)? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and am at a loss as to what to try next.

Hope I described this issue well enough - Thanks in advance for any assistance you might provide!

PS - I can provide screenshots, if necessary :)

Outcomes