AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tracking incoming inventory parts from multiple item receipts

Question asked by CraigFink on Feb 28, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Tracking incoming inventory parts from multiple item receipts

I am a contractor who inventories most of there products to be sold.  I am attempting to to track from PO(stock ordered ) to item receipt (Stock received).  I have a diagram that goes from PO Table to PO Line item table to track each individual part ordered. Then, I have a table Item Received that is related to the PO To Track the different shipments received to fulfill  the PO.  Here is where I start stumbling.   Since all line items or all the quantities of each line item are not necessarily fulfilled on one item receipt is the reason I have an additional table for item receipts.  What I do not see is how , since each PO and each PO line item can have multiple item receipts, how I can Track Each line item from the PO to see if it has been fulfilled.   I have seen other examples where they do not track the individual item receipts but I would like to because these item receipts are generally turned into bills when they are received.

Any input would be great as I also want to use the same methods for outgoing to the different jobs

Thanks, Craig

Outcomes