AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trail Balance from Filemaker pro

Question asked by applelakshan1 on Apr 17, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 19, 2012 by applelakshan1

Title

Trail Balance from Filemaker pro

Hello Guys i need to add the extra function for trail balance on our database. 

01. I have 3 tables and the names are  Transactions , Accounts , and sub_accounts

Relationship

Accounts = subaccounts  

pk_accountfamily_id -----> fk_accountfamily_id (= allowing to create clild records on subaccounts table) (We have only 7 Accounts)

Transactions = Accounts 

pk_account_id -----> fk_account_id  (= allowing to create clild records on Transaction  table) 

* Normally Trail balance based on  Account Families, Lets Say we have  Family called 6 So the Account id is  6  , and 601, 602, 603, etc , those are standard formats and will be clid records of Account 6.

So when i try to create new records in  transaction table, i can select which account and which sub accounts that transaction is related .

For instance Lets talk about Account No 6, and family 602 (Sales of services) .

I have 10 records in transaction table, imagine from that 10 records 6 records are related to 602(Account 6) and 2 Records are related to 603 (again account 6), and another 2 records related to 500 (Account 5). So what i want to get the Total  of this 602 in to one field.

* So from all the records of transaction table, this should filter Total of  all 602, 603, and so on. 

The End Result should be Stay in one Calculation Field.

Outcomes