Trailing Group Pound Sign

WilliamStone

Title

Trailing Group Pound Sign

Hi,

I have created a report based on 4 fields within my database:

Directorate - Text
      Department - Text
      In Patient - Text (Checkbox based on a value list)
      Out Patient - Text (Checkbox based on a value list)

I have added Trailing Subtotals of In Patients and Out Patients but the total fields are showing:

Count 1£

How do I get rid of the pound sign?! I have seen this happen in a standard database field and removed the pound sign by changing the data formatting format to General, but the option doesn't appear to be available for trailing subtotals or for fields that use value lists.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Trailing Group Pound Sign
          Abhaya

Hi William,

Just go to  View option in FMp

then show Inspector

go to data tab by selecting the field(must be calculation)

Choose currency from format option

then choose your currency fo?rmat  and put the symbol manually.

check and see what happens?

• 2. Re: Trailing Group Pound Sign
            WilliamStone

Thanks Abhaya,

My In Patient and Out Patient fields cannot be calculation fields as I am using a checkbox set and a value list. All I want to do is count the number of in or out patients and create subtotals minus the £ sign appearing next to the totals.

Sorry if I've miss interpreted your answer.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Trailing Group Pound Sign
              philmodjunk

What kind of field have you set up that is returning 1£?

Is this a summary field, a calculation field or...?

If you click into this field, do you still see the currency symbol?

• 4. Re: Trailing Group Pound Sign
                WilliamStone

Hi,

I have created a New Layout/Report using four fields of data and when I look at my report in Table View and add Trailing Subtotals for two of the fields the pound sign appears next to the number. It is counting the number of In and Out Patients correctly it's just that I would prefer it if the pound sign wasn't there.

The two fields that I have added Trailing Subtotals to are just text fields.

Is that what you wanted to know?

• 5. Re: Trailing Group Pound Sign
                  philmodjunk

If you click into this field, do you still see the currency symbol?

I asked that question to try to determine the source of the currency symbol. It could come from a calculation expression or a field where this symbol was entered as text. If so, you will still see the symbol when you click into the field.

If the currency symbol disappears when you click into it, then you are seeing a currency symbol supplied by the data formatting specified for this field. If that's the case, you need to use data formatting on the data tab of the inspector to change this specification.