2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2015 6:19 PM by starstuff

Transaction Ledger not per Product inside the Portal

starstuff

Title

Transaction Ledger not per Product inside the Portal

Hi All!

Im tackling the inventory, and hit a problem with the inventory transaction ledger combining all the inventory movement into one inside a portal.

im following PhilModJunk's awesome guide here http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/a6ef951917?page=4

using these as instructed, i put them all inside the LINE_ITEM Table (see below)

_fkProductID

TransactionDate

QtyIN

QtyOUT

cBal

sBalanceRunning

sBalance

the relationship is

COMPANIES_Supplier---<INVENTORY_IN>---<LINE_ITEM>--<INVENTORY_OUT>---COMPANIES_Customer

|___<PRODUCTS

the INVENTORY_IN and INVENTORY_OUT is set up like invoices (sales and purchase orders)

The problem im encountering is that the cBal, sBalanceRunning, sBalance are combining all the products inside the Portal

1. How to fix this?

2. And should i put an inventory count in PRODUCT table for the start of the count?

UPDATE:

after further reading and checking the design,  is this the normal behaviour of a Inventory Transaction Ledger? surpriseindecision

i was expecting something that tracks individual inventory transactions. can this be created?

example of individual transaction

[Product Transaction Form View]

Product A (selected record of product)

[Portal of Transactions]

Invoice# , Supplier / Customer, Date, Qty, Price

Can this be made in filemaker?

Thank you!