1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 24, 2010 11:37 AM by philmodjunk

Transferring Data from MS Excel to create a DB. Is filemaker thecorrect product?

stariq2008

Title

Transferring Data from MS Excel to create a DB. Is filemaker thecorrect product?

I've got a lot of data in MS Excel of different clients.  i want to make a DB so tht its easier n much faster to retrieve info and at the same time data entry clerks can easily enter the data in to the db w/o looking at the enitire cotent the way they do in excel. plss let me know if filemaker will do all this? thanks.

• 1. Re: Transferring Data from MS Excel to create a DB. Is filemaker thecorrect product?
          philmodjunk

Filemaker has a number of tools that make it fairly easy to import data from an Excel file.

It could be as simple as dragging the excel file onto the Filemaker application icon or shortcut. (That creates a brand new filemaker file and imports the excel data.)

It can also be a much more complex process depending on your data and the structure/function of your database.

Check out the Import Records tool in the file menu. It can be used to import records from an excel file and has a number of options that control the result you get.