4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 3:05 PM by TSGal

trial download not working

retropia

Title

trial download not working

I've trial downloading the trail version of FileMaker Pro 10 three times.  Each time, it hangs up during the download and times out.  If I try to continue downloading, i.e., picking up where it left off, it eventually finishes downloading.  Sometimes it hangs up again and I have to start it again.

Each time, when it completes, and I try to install, it says the file has been corrupted and to try downloading again.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Phone-in customer support doesn't work, because they say you must have a code, which apparently is not provided for the free trial download.

• 1. Re: trial download not working
          TSGal

retropia:

Thank you for your post.

I just downloaded a trial copy without incident to my Mac.

Are you trying to download a Mac or Windows version?  I'll try and make it available to you somehow.

Yes, you need a code to talk to Technical Support.  However, you do not need a code for our Customer Assistance department, and they would have been able to help you.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: trial download not working
            retropia

I'm trying to download a Windows version, using IE6.

FTPing a file will work for me, if one is available that way. 

I don't recall a phone option for "Customer Assistance," just new sales and installation support/technical support.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: trial download not working
              randy
                 FileMaker has a Customer Service department, complete with assistance with questions BEFORE purchase.  If all else fails, you can try (800) 325  - 2747.  Push 1 on your TouchTone™ phone 2 times to get to the correct place.  Good luck!
              • 4. Re: trial download not working
                TSGal

retropia:

Thank you for the information.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) to obtain details about your server so I can FTP the file to you.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.