1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 10:01 AM by philmodjunk

Trigger Safety?

ChrisJohnston

Title

Trigger Safety?

We have a need for user to click on a checkbox for purpose of deeming something Complete. It is an important decision in our solution because once deemed Complete it will set up other options we need to do. We want to be sure this is the correct decision. I would like know about any methods of making an important decisions trigger have to be released with a safety. I was imagining a Script that displays a message that kind of gives a checklist or some things to consider before deeming something Complete. I guess a Script could take a user to a layout and give them just that. a checklist that once all criteria is met (checked) it could continue the Script and allow for the Complete choice to be chosen and If not, it will not allow it. I was thinking there may be other ways so I am inquiring.

• 1. Re: Trigger Safety?
          philmodjunk

Show custom dialog might be used to display a message if the message that you need to display is short and simple.

That layout that you mention could be popped up in a new floating window leaving the current layout visible behind it in the original window.

And OnObjectModify is a trigger that you can set on the check box field such that clicking the field automatically performs the script. In other cases, especially if your check box is a single value check box, you might format the field as a button so that clicking it performs the script before the value in the field changes.