4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2013 11:26 AM by TSGal

Trouble activating FileMaker 9

BjarniValdimarsson

Title

Trouble activating FileMaker 9

Hi

I just installed FileMaker on a new computer and I am having trouble activating it. I get an error saying that my computer doesn't have an internet connection, but it has. I have ruled out the firewall being the problem. What else can be the problem?

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: Trouble activating FileMaker 9
          philmodjunk

FileMaker Inc. no longer supports the activation scheme used with FileMaker 9 and discarded it for subsequent versions. I recommend contacting Tech Support by phone (It's quicker for this issue). As long as you registered your software so that you can prove you have a legal right to it, they should be able to help you out with a new installer that avoids the activation check.

If they choose not to help you, post back here and I'll Private Message a TS person to ask them to help you.

• 2. Re: Trouble activating FileMaker 9
            BjarniValdimarsson

Hi

I tried to contact Tech Support but the phones at my office are locked for international calls so was not able to reach anyone. Our copy of Filemaker 9 pro is bought and legal and I have a valid licence key that I used to activate another copy of Filemaker about a year ago, without any problems. Can you check if you can pull some strings and have a TS person assist me? I would be very thankful since we are reaching the final day of the trial mode.

• 3. Re: Trouble activating FileMaker 9
              BjarniValdimarsson

I'm in Iceland by the way...and have not had any luck finding any support for Filemaker in Iceland.

• 4. Re: Trouble activating FileMaker 9
                TSGal

Bjarni Valdimarsson:

Thank you for your posts, and I apologize for the late reply.

I just searched our Technical Support contact database, and noticed that Luca from our United Kingdom office helped you on July 1, 2013.  If you still require help, please let me know.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.