2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 7:02 AM by ABuchtel

Trouble Creating Report using SubSummary

ABuchtel

Title

Trouble Creating Report using SubSummary

Hello. I am using FMP 13. I have a Table for which I want to create a "Printer" Report. The Table is setup like this:

Menu ID                     Event ID                     Item                     LineCost                     SubTotal*
                          M0010                     E01000                     LI00801                     1.00                     7.50
                          M0011                     E01000                     LI00803                     1.30                     7.50
                          M0012                     E01001                     LI00801                     1.00                     7.50
                          M0012                     E01001                     LI00911                     1.30                     7.50
                          M0014                     E01001                     LI00920                     1.40                     7.50
                          M0014                     E01001                     L100931                     1.50                     7.50

*SubTotal is defined as a SUMMARY of LineCost

I want to create a report for EACH "Event ID" that displays the individual Items in the "Body" and the SubTotal in the Footer.

I have reviewed the Filemaker User Guide, and followed the steps for defining SubSummary parts. But apparently I'm missing some crucial piece of information, because even though I've set the "Sub-Summary" field to "Event ID", the resulting report displays only one record per form, instead of grouping the Items that share the same "Event ID". 

In other words, I *expect* the report to look like this:

___ PAGE 1___

E01000

LI00801

LI00803

SubTotal: $2.30

___ PAGE 2___

E01001

LI00801

LI00911

LI00920

LI00931

SubTotal: $5.20

But what I'm getting instead is:

___ PAGE 1___

E01000

LI00801

SubTotal: $7.50

___ PAGE 2___

E01000

LI00803

___ PAGE 3___

E01001

LI00801

___ PAGE 4___

E01001

LI00911

___ PAGE 5___

E01001

LI00920

___ PAGE 6___

E01001

LI00931

If someone would be able to provide a link or point me in the direction of where I might get myself straightened out, I would really appreciate it. Thank you. 

• 1. Re: Trouble Creating Report using SubSummary
          AnswerFeedback_16

Just to clarify, do you have the report set out as below? If you have it as shown and you have the layout view set to List View then it should render as you want when you sort by the Event_Id.

----

Sub Summary when sorted by Event_Id

----

Body

----

Sub Summary when sorted by Event_Id

• 2. Re: Trouble Creating Report using SubSummary
            ABuchtel

Thank you. Yes, I do have the form setup that way. But when I saw you wrote "sort by the Event_Id", I decided to double-check that criteria, even though I knew for certain I had defined the sort order in the Relationship Graphs. I discovered that the form itself was sorting on different criteria from the Relationship Graph, and when I set it correctly, the report works as I required. Thank you very much for your help!