AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trouble understanding date's

Question asked by NathanVeitch on Apr 29, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Trouble understanding date's

Hi There,

I need to ask a question regarding date functions. Why is it that if I have a calculation 

Month(Staff Register::SalaryStartDate) + 1 that gives me a value of 5 yet 

MonthName(Month(Staff Register::SalaryStartDate) + 1) gives mt the value January. 

I am trying to find the best way to get the next following month from a date field. I am trying to work out a payslip formula for my client. They clock all the employees in and out every day and then need to work out their pay for the end of the month. I have gotten so far as to generate all the pay info per day and then that will be printed to a payslip so that the employee can see what they got paid per week of that month. Now i am trying to make a routine where by the admin can select a month from a drop down list and then veiw the payslip for that employee for that month. I have stored a variable that saves when the first day of the pay cycle would be, for example, the 26th of the month. Now I need to figure out how to get the next months value from that start date field, so that when the search is done, it will find the right months values. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Outcomes