4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2010 9:13 AM by philmodjunk

Trouble with email: Merge fields don't merge, new email message in Drafts-folder

PatrickHolzer

Title

Trouble with email: Merge fields don't merge, new email message in Drafts-folder

Hi,

I'm using Entourage on my Mac to send email.

I have implemented a "send email"-button in my customer data table layout.

There arise 2 problems:

1. The email will not open in a Window like when I go into my Entourage and click "Create New Email" - instead, the email message generated by FileMaker will land in the "Drafts"-folder of my Entourage. I then have to go that folder, double click the message to open it and send it from there. But I'd like it to appear in an open window without having to go look for it and open it manually
      2. I use merge fields to be implemented in the email template which I've created within my FileMaker, merge fields such as "customer id", "customer country", "order number" (from a related table), etc. But in the actual email, those merge fields don't render the data requested, they just appear as merge fields still. How can I make FileMaker fill in the merge fields?

Should I perhaps email stuff from within FileMaker, and not use Entourage? Perhaps use another mail programm for my purpose?

Thanks!