AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trouble with tables

Question asked by JHatz on Mar 7, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 by JHatz

Title

Trouble with tables

I'm new to Filemaker - switched from using Microsoft Access for the last ten years. I'm running File Maker Pro 9 on Mac OS X 10.6.2 locally not networked.

Trouble I'm having is I created a table and added thirteen fields to it. The Thirteenth field would not display in any of the three views. I went back to manage and clicked on table then fields and they are all there.

Second problem - when I delete a table - making sure to also delete it in the Relationships window - they still show up in the layout list.

Third - and reason I came accross the second problem was one table I made - complete with five fields - all three views would only show my "primary" key field.

Last but not least - I'm not sure if this is a bug or if its the way the program is supposed to behave but when I reorder the field order in the Manage Database window it doesn't always reflect in any of the three views either. I got around this in table view by dragging and dropping but not in form or list view.
For the most part I'm wanting things displayed in table view - I like seeing all my data in a list not one at a time in a form.

I'm wondering if maybe my whole database is corrupt already and I should just start over again?

- Jim

Outcomes