1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 2:08 PM by philmodjunk

troubleshooting portals and table view

jhc

Title

troubleshooting portals and table view

hi 

I have a script that doesn't seem to work. It's supposed to write the contents of two related tables into a field. But my output doesn't seem to have anything except for the last two entries. 

So I am troubleshooting to see what's actually being written into that related table. But when I try to open the related table in table view I don't see any items. It's blank. I double checked my table relationships and my table manager and the table does indeed exist and there are many fields supposedly there somewhere. 

Any idea why my related table doesn't show any fields in the table view mode? 

my FMP file is here: ftp://ftp.geobc.gov.bc.ca/publish/Regional/Surrey/tmp_dikeForms/

The script "export2KML" is supposed to create a KML file in the attribute: "g_accumulate4KMLCode" in the table "dike_inspection_details" which is linked to "dike_inspection_general" 

the main form is "Dike Inspection" and it has a portal that is supposed to link the related records. 

• 1. Re: troubleshooting portals and table view
          philmodjunk

When I go to dike_inspection_details, I find 17 records in the table, but only a field, field 13 visible in table view. This field is empty in all 17 records. If I then click the modify button and add all the other fields from dike_inspection_details to the view, I find the data shown in the portal on the dike_inspection_general layout.