AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trying to Create "hot key" with trigger

Question asked by hsutton47 on Jan 22, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Trying to Create "hot key" with trigger

Hello, I am probably at an intermediate level with FM 10 Adv Pro, and I'm stuck on something that I cannot understand. I have a basic "main menu" layout with just a few buttons on it (no fields), and the first button is to simply go to a specific Browser layout and display specific records.  I have a script assigned to that button that filters out certain records and takes me to a browser layout with those records sorted and displayed.

What I'm trying to do is create an alternative where I can just use the keyboard to navigate.  For example, in addition to just clicking on the button to Browse those records, I would like to just be able to tap the "b" character on the keyboard to Browse.  And once on that browse layout, tape the "m" button to return to the Main Menu.

I've been playing around with Layout Setup, Script Triggers, OnLayoutKeystroke to run the script that pulls up the filtered browser.  But two things are happening:

1: I find that the script runs regardless of what key I tap, not just the "b" key.

2: When the browser layout comes up, I get an annoying dialog box with an OK button that states: Before typing, press Tab or click in a field, or choose the New Record menu command.

So how do I restrict the trigger to only run the script when the "b" key is tapped (and same to return to the Main Menu by tapping the "m" key), and how do I keep that dialog box and the sound event from occuring?

Thanks, Hershel

Outcomes