AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trying to deduct inventory across the BOM Database

Question asked by StevenEror on Jun 5, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 by StevenEror

Title

Trying to deduct inventory across the BOM Database

I have built a database that represents our BOM, including every screw, fan, and circuit board.  We build a medical device.  What I'm trying to do is create a field so that the production manager can input in one place that he is going to pull materials for let's say 6 devices.  Assume for example that 2 screws, 1 mother board, and 3 wires are needed.  There is an entry in the database for each of those parts, with individual inventory counts.

Once the Production Manager somehow enters the number 6, then a calculation will be automatically run across the database to deduct the needed parts from each inventory record, 12 Screws (6 devices x 2 screws), 6 mother boards (1 Motherboard x 6 devices), and 18 wires (3 Wires x 6 Devices).

How do I do this?  I can't use Global entries, because another part of my inventory formulas use stored numbers and Filemaker doesn't seem to like that so much...any ideas?

I've included a Screen shot for an explanation

Beginning Count = The inital count of the inventory

Purchased Units = Subsequent Additions to the Inventory

Returned Units = Inventory parts that are being returned or pulled out of inventory

Inventory Adjustment = allows for inventory adjustments during periodic counts

Cumulative Use Units = Cumulative Use Units + Build Count (this is the running total of builds for the product manager

Current Inventory = (Beginning Count + Purchased Units) - (Returned Units + Inventory Adjustment + Cumulative Use Units)

Build Count = Number of devices that need to be built.

Thanks for any help.  Please forgive any spelling mistakes....I'm THIS close to the loony bin...

Capture.JPG

Outcomes