AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trying to get info from one table into another, based off the selection made from a drop down box

Question asked by jkersey on Mar 23, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Trying to get info from one table into another, based off the selection made from a drop down box

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new to FMPro 9 and databases in general, so please forgive any basic questions that I might ask.

I have a table in my database that stores employee information, such as their name, phone #, fax #, email, etc.  I have also created a value list that contains the names of these employees.  What I am trying to do in another table is select the employee's name from value list in a drop down box, and have other fields in this same table automatically populatewith info such as their phone # and email.  

I believe I am trying to do a lookup and have selected in the auto-enter options of the fields I want auto-populated to have them auto-enter based on the looked-up value from the fields in the employee's table that stores the phone #, email, and so on.  However, it does not seem to be working.  I think I am probably just not doing this correctly, and would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thank you very much for your time.

Outcomes