AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trying to help a company change 2 characters in a old layout.. need help by friday!

Question asked by chrisgrooms on Apr 24, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 by disabled_JackRodgers

Title

Trying to help a company change 2 characters in a old layout.. need help by friday!

I am part of a IT company, and a client has a filmaker 7 database hosted on a Apple server.

The users login with a old login name, and we can see the layout for the letter we need, and the data opens into the layout, but we need to change the date from 2006 to 2012

when i go to "layout" mode on this users login, it is greyed out, so i assumed i needed to get onto the mac server hosting the database, after cracking into it, i got to the filemaker server administrator * the local program *

while the database will open, the webconsole will not, i played around with the serveradmin console ,  and changed passwords to the Admin page in Config, but i cannot login to this database with Admin / no password or Admin with the password i put in, gives a error...

can i edit this layout from the server? can i edit user names / passwords from the server console?  am i missing a easier way to edit this layout stored on the server? please help gotta do this by friday

Outcomes