2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2013 2:04 PM by EnverCasimir

Trying to install filemaker 8.5 on my MacBook

EnverCasimir

Title

Trying to install filemaker 8.5 on my MacBook

I am trying to install an old version of filemaker (8.5) onto my macbook. When I enter the license key, I am told that I have entered an invalid one. I'm quite certain this is the correct key. Does anyone have any insight on whether there is now some generic key that is used for all older versions of FMP?

I called tech support and was told they no longer support this version.

• 1. Re: Trying to install filemaker 8.5 on my MacBook
          philmodjunk

There is no such generic key.

If you still have FileMaker 8.5 installed on your previous computer, launch fileMaker there and select the "about" entry from the help menu. I think you'll find the correct license key listed there. Note that in current versions, you have to correctly enter the correct organization name as well as the license key. I don't know if this was also the case for 8.5 or not.

• 2. Re: Trying to install filemaker 8.5 on my MacBook
            EnverCasimir

Unfortunately the previous computer was lost/stolen. This was about just under three years ago. I don't believe I'll try to see if I can come up with an organization name (I'm not sure what that would be, but I purchased it as a student, so I will try the university I was attending at the time.

Thanks for the feedback.