7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 10:08 AM by AlexL.

Trying to make a search box that results in a list (akin to "Contacts" in FM12 Starter Solution)

AlexL.

Title

Trying to make a search box that results in a list (akin to "Contacts" in FM12 Starter Solution)

OK, as far as I can tell I've correctly copied the scripts from the aforementioned layout and changed all the pertinent information to relate to my own database instead of the template one. I finally have it sorting the list alphabetically, but for the life of me I cannot get the search function to work. Anything I enter into the text box ends up listing the entire list of clients, even if I enter text that doesn't match -any- of the data in any field. I'm not sure if it's a hang up in the script labelled "Trigger | Sort Contact List" or "Trigger | QuickFind | iOS"

I have created their related fields as well, and renamed only the QuickFind portion. I changed the references to this in each script where applicable.  To my knowledge, I have correctly emulated the field attributes as well.

Please help me, I've been scratching my head for the last two days over this!