2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2011 1:27 PM by SethSantoro

Trying to separate out a repetition field within a report???

SethSantoro

Title

Trying to separate out a repetition field within a report???

Help?

I am trying to subtotal a report by "Awards": Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc...and then separately by "Competitions Entered".

The problem is, the field itself "Awards"  (as well as "Competitions Entered" are value lists) and have been formatted as a repetition fields.  Meaning, i can put in up to 50 different award competitions entered as well as have one up to 50 awards for all competitions. 

However, when i try and create a report using those field names: "Awards" and "Competitions Entered", the report only shows the first competition or the first award won...what happened to all of the others...

and if i ever want to sort by Golds, Silvers, and Bronzes...how is it going to pick up that information?

Help...?  i hope i have been clear...

any advice would be greatly appreciated...

• 1. Re: Trying to separate out a repetition field within a report???
          philmodjunk

However, when i try and create a report using those field names: "Awards" and "Competitions Entered", the report only shows the first competition or the first award won...what happened to all of the others...

When you place a repeating field on a layout, you can use the inspector to control how many repetitions are displayed and in which direction. Have you checked that?

and if i ever want to sort by Golds, Silvers, and Bronzes...how is it going to pick up that information?

That will be very difficult to do wiith repeating field. If you replace the repeating field with a table of related Award records with one award per record, this becomes fairly simple to set up. You can use portal to this table to list all the awards for a given individual.

• 2. Re: Trying to separate out a repetition field within a report???
            SethSantoro

That helped me sooooooo much.  Thank you for making my day 100% easier...i have been stuck on it for about 7 hours...

Thanks!