5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2012 7:54 AM by JimMac

Two charts with different number of records, same data and same X-Axis calculation, different...

GabeDiaz

Title

Two charts with different number of records, same data and same X-Axis calculation, different results?

Hello I am using FM12, I have two charts which are graphing the same data. However, one chart has a qurter of records (1024), the other a year's worth (4678). I am using the same calculation to generate the X-Axis to show the data from the first record every 5 days and it works perfectly for the quarterly graph, but not the yearly graph.

Calculation for X-Axis: If ((Mod ( Database::Date ; 5 ) = 0) and (GetNthRecord( Database::Date;Get(RecordNumber)-1) < Database::Date) ; Database::Date ; "" )
           Calculation to get a Quarter's worth of data: Get(CurrentDate) - 92 & "..." & Get(CurrentDate)
           Calculation to get a Year's worth of data: Get(CurrentDate) - 365 & "..." & Get(CurrentDate)

As you can see in the attached screenshot. The quaterly graph is displaying the dates fine but the yearly graph is skipping many dates, leaving a bunch of gaps, and pretty much appears random.

Any ideas what may be going on? Both graphs are using the same database, just a different number of records based on the Search calculation.

Or maybe there is a better way to show the date every 5 days altogether?

Thanks!

Screen_Shot_2012-10-19_at_04.23.35.png