AnsweredAssumed Answered

Two charts with different number of records, same data and same X-Axis calculation, different...

Question asked by GabeDiaz on Oct 19, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2012 by JimMac

Title

Two charts with different number of records, same data and same X-Axis calculation, different results?

Hello I am using FM12, I have two charts which are graphing the same data. However, one chart has a qurter of records (1024), the other a year's worth (4678). I am using the same calculation to generate the X-Axis to show the data from the first record every 5 days and it works perfectly for the quarterly graph, but not the yearly graph.

Calculation for X-Axis: If ((Mod ( Database::Date ; 5 ) = 0) and (GetNthRecord( Database::Date;Get(RecordNumber)-1) < Database::Date) ; Database::Date ; "" )
     Calculation to get a Quarter's worth of data: Get(CurrentDate) - 92 & "..." & Get(CurrentDate)
     Calculation to get a Year's worth of data: Get(CurrentDate) - 365 & "..." & Get(CurrentDate)

As you can see in the attached screenshot. The quaterly graph is displaying the dates fine but the yearly graph is skipping many dates, leaving a bunch of gaps, and pretty much appears random.

Any ideas what may be going on? Both graphs are using the same database, just a different number of records based on the Search calculation.

Or maybe there is a better way to show the date every 5 days altogether?

Thanks!

Screen_Shot_2012-10-19_at_04.23.35.png

Outcomes