AnsweredAssumed Answered

two dimensional array

Question asked by med on Feb 18, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

two dimensional array

Is there any way to simulate a two dimensional array. I need to create a variable with two dimensions and populated it with calculated values from a source table then transpose it to a table for display as a portal. 

I tried to use a one dimensional array fill it then create a record and copy its elements to the fields then repeat in a loop but this involved a lot of record navigation in the source and destination tables to get the values and the operation was very slow especially when I am doing it over a network. 

I think if I scan the source table once and fill in the calculated values in the proper elements of a two dimensional array, it would be much faster.

The purpose is a booking application where I read an appointment list table (not in order) and transpose it to a grid of data in a temporary table where each row is a time slot and each column is for one teacher. Then I display this table as a portal.Each element of the portal has a hidden button which when clicked the detailed information of the appointment is displayed.

Please help ... or may be there is a better way to do this.

Outcomes