AnsweredAssumed Answered

Two layouts with same portal in both

Question asked by JohhnyHilly on May 1, 2013
Latest reply on May 6, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Two layouts with same portal in both

I need some advice on using the same portal on two layouts. I have two layouts (based on the same table) with a portal on each of these layouts (linked to the same table as the other portal).

In the one portal I have a field (say XX) that has a "Not Empty" validation. In the second portal when I try to enter data into the other field (say YY), it says "THIS FIELD (referring to the first layout/portal field XX) requires a value" . From this I am assuming each row in the either portal is the same record. Can someone please confirm this?

The reason I am asking this is that in the first portal, I am creating a new record/row every day which is based on date. In the second portal, I am only creating a record/row once every 2 months which is also based on date, but I would like to have the data stored on the same table. Can someone recommend what I should do? Should I look at creating a new table for the second portal? I am wanting to do a calculation based on the results of both portal fields so was thinking it might be easier having them in the same table.

Hope it is clear. Thanks in advance.

Outcomes