1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 8:37 AM by philmodjunk

TWO OR MORE TOTALS FROM THE SAME EMPLOYEE

EdwardAlvarez

Title

TWO OR MORE TOTALS FROM THE SAME EMPLOYEE

Hi,

I am looking to create a report that will give the total hours worked at certain rate. all of our employees work different events and some events pay $8, some pay $11, supervisors get pay $14, $15 or $16 but they can also be pay $8 or $11 if they are working a non supervisor position. they work all these shifts in the same pay period. I am looking to automate the way we submit payroll. Instead of doing it manually i want to submit it in a spread sheet but i need to have a separate total of hours for each rate. For example if "Mike Johns" worked 30 hours on a pay period i would like to know how many total hours he work at $8, at $11 or at $15. I tried to do a summary but that won't give me a separte total. Can someone give me a hand?! 

Thank you in advance!

Edward Alvarez

Screen_Shot_2014-06-25_at_4.59.02_PM.png

• 1. Re: TWO OR MORE TOTALS FROM THE SAME EMPLOYEE
          philmodjunk

Summary fields can be used to produce sub totals instead of grand totals if you place them inside sub summary layout parts. I can see that you have already done this to get an employee total.

If you also add a sub summary layout part "when sorted by" the rate field and place a summary field in that added layout part, you will then get a different subtotal for each hourly rate value for a given employee. The key is to then sort your records by employee, then by rate.

If you need one row of data per employee for each rate at which they worked, you can replace the body layout part with this sub summary layout part that I have just described.