1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2010 11:11 AM by philmodjunk

Two portals, report all information

ex5931

Title

Two portals, report all information

I am a farmer, and I have a lot of fields that I farm. I am trying to match invoices with fields. I have a table called Fields, another called Invoice, and another to share the relationship called share. I can currently input data into my invoices and link it to certain fields, but I can not figure out how to report all the information. I made three reports. each based on one of the tables. The problem is that they show all the records from the table from which I am basing the table, but only the first related record. For example if I build a report off of the field table, It shows all the fields, but only the first line of invoice. 

• 1. Re: Two portals, report all information
          philmodjunk

I think you have this relationship between your three tables:

Invoice---<Share>---Fields (---< means "one to many")

I think a summary report that uses sub summary parts will do what you want. This approach should allow you to pull in database fields from a related parent table to use as a sub header for a group of records that all match to this same parent record such as a group of share records that all relate to a specific Invoice record.

Here's a tutorial that uses invoicing as model for learning how to setup a summary report:

Creating Filemaker Pro summary reports--Tutorial

See if that helps you out and feel free to post back with more questions if it doesn't