4 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2010 2:03 PM by macdsean

Typed Data in Any Field in a Form Does Not Display Until You Click Outside of the Field

macdsean

Title

Typed Data in Any Field in a Form Does Not Display Until You Click Outside of the Field

I am running into a very strange problem with Filemaker Pro 11 on a computer running Windows XP (with service pack 3).

I originally created the FileMaker Database on a Mac.  I opened the database on the computer with windows XP.  Some of the borders will randomly appear and disappear as I am entering data or creating new records.  I assume it has something to do with the fact that it was created in OS X.  Leaving that issue aside, because it is merely cosmetic, I tried to enter data into some of the fields.  It appeared that nothing was being enterered, however when I click out of the field or into another field, the information I had typed suddenly appears.  This of course makes the database all but useless because the user cannot see what he or she is typing.

Thinking that it may have something to do with the database file I started a new database on the the Windows XP computer.  I used the Contact Management template.  I created a new record and tried to type in new data.  The same problem happened with this database.  The text was being entered but would not be displayed until I clicked outside of the field or into the next field.

Can anyone help me with this?  It is very frustrating.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.