2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2009 5:45 PM by kpojeta

unable to access database

kpojeta

Title

unable to access database

I had created a very basic, flat database using v9 and was trying to export it to excel or anything that would allow me to re-open it in v6. After tons of messages that I couldn't save to the "disk" and a lot of frustration, I tried to turn on some sort of network or open it with web capability. Anyhow, in short, all of a sudden I'm not being asked to enter a username and password and I never set one up and have tried all my computer passwords and nothing seems to be working. Any way to access my data again???? Appreciate any advice - thanks!

• 1. Re: unable to access database
          Jens Teich
             If you didn't set any account or password your login info for web publishing is account 'Admin' without quotes and empty password.

Could you please elaborate a bit on the errors showing up when you try to export to excel format or tab-separated text?

Jens

• 2. Re: unable to access database
            kpojeta
               When I got back into the file, I was able to export and pull into v6 just fine without the errors. Must have been something weird going on. Thank you SO MUCH. Such a simple solution, but it just saved me HOURS of work re-doing everything I had done. I appreciate your quick response!