1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2014 3:06 PM by philmodjunk

Unable to adjust layout length

JohnMcGlade

Title

Unable to adjust layout length

I am unable to adjust the length of a layout. Clicking and trying to move the page boundaries  has no effect. When I select all, to see if there any layout items that are invisible, i see two blue lines running along the left margin from the top to the bottom of the layout. I am unable to select these lines.

There is a small green bubble adjacent to the bottom of these lines. If i click on the base of the part boundary ie the footer or body, the parallel selection tool will not be visible long enough to use it. Although the actual layout should be 3 pages, at most, the actual length is 11 pages. I'd appreciate and advice on this.

I've attached a screen shot.

thanks,

John

Screen_Shot_2014-12-19_at_5.51.16_PM.png

• 1. Re: Unable to adjust layout length
          philmodjunk

The small green bubble is the "badge" to a field on your layout.It may be sized to cover the entire layout and that would make it difficult to click on and drag the bottom boundary i order to change the size of the layout. I see what looks like  a selection handle for that field in the form of the small square. If you pull that handle up to make the field smaller you may be able to drag the bottom edge of this layout part up or down to change the size.

There is also an upper limit to how big you can size a layout so if you have made this a very large layout, you may have reached that limit.