3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2012 11:31 AM by philmodjunk

Unable to attach PDF file Email

aga

Title

Unable to attach PDF file Email

I am using the provided script "Save Records as PDF - creating a PDF file on the iPad", then i wanted to use "Send Email - attaching the PDF file just created". I can see that the PDF file has been created.

I need to use the Send Email script in order to read in email addresses that i have from a list.

The created PDF file is never attached to the Email.

Any suggestions??

Thank you! Have a great day everyone!

• 1. Re: Unable to attach PDF file Email
          philmodjunk

"provided script"? Don't see any script in your post.

If you use a variable to specify the filename and filepath of the PDF when you use save as PDF to create it, you can use the same variable with Send Mail to attach it to an email. You click the "Attach file" check box and then enter the name of the variable into the dialog that appears for selecting a file to attach ot the email.

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          2. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
          3. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          4. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)
          • 2. Re: Unable to attach PDF file Email
            aga

PhilModJunk, Thank you for your help.

What I mean is by using the script provided, I am using the scripts provided with FileMaker "Save records as PDF[]" and "Send Mail[]".

Would you know what file path the PDF file might have on the iPAD. I know that the PDF file is created, I just dont know where on the iPad it resides.

By knowing the path/location of the PDF i will try as you suggested to use a variable and the path name.

Regards.

• 3. Re: Unable to attach PDF file Email
              philmodjunk

I know how to do it in FileMaker Pro. Using Go puts limitations on what you can use for a filePath. The following link shows how to use a variable for this in FileMaker Pro, but you may want to check the posts on this over in the FM Go Forum (see tabs at top of this screen) to see details on how to do this in Go.

Found Sets to PDF with unique file names