2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2010 10:05 AM by KenH

Unable to Edit Privilege Set

KenH

Title

Unable to Edit Privilege Set

I am trying to Edit a (Full Access) Privilege Set, but everything under "Data Access and Design" and "Other Privileges" is grayed out.   I'm trying to set "Disconnect user from Filemaker Server when idle" to ON, but am unable to do so.  

I've tried this when the file was being shared and published, and when the file was closed on the web server so I'd have exclusive access, but everything is still grayed out.   I'm using the Admin account, Filemaker Pro 11.

What am I missing ?

Thanks,

Ken

• 1. Re: Unable to Edit Privilege Set
          philmodjunk

Well, by definition a [full access] privilege set is full access--the user is permitted all database functions. If you were to be able edit this privilege set to limit what members of this set can do, then no one in your database would have full access.

You'll need to create a new privilege set and give it all the typical functions of full access except for this one small option you want to restrict.

• 2. Re: Unable to Edit Privilege Set
            KenH

That's exactly what I did, new Privilege set w/ identical settings as [Full Access], but with Disconnect when idle checked.

Thanks,

Ken