1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 9, 2011 12:20 PM by nanders

Unable to enter data in portal using IWP

nanders

Title

Unable to enter data in portal using IWP

For the purposes of this question, (2) privilege sets, (3) tables, and (2) layouts are included.

The privilege sets are as follows:

• Instructor - custom privileges
      • CTUS – custom privileges

The tables are as follows:

• CLASS
      • CTUS
      • INTASC

The layouts are as follows:

• INTASC faculty data entry (Shows records from CLASS table with a portal that shows related records from INTASC)
      • CTUS (shows records from CTUS with a portal that shows related records from INTASC)

The instructor privilege set allows the following:

• can enter data into “INTASC” portal in “INTASC faculty data entry” layout when accessing via FM Pro
      • can enter data into “INTASC” portal in “INTASC faculty data entry” layout when accessing via IWP
      • can enter data into the “INTASC” portal in the “CTUS” layout when accessing via FM Pro
      • can enter data into the “INTASC” portal in the “CTUS” layout when accessing via IWP

My problem arises with the CTUS privilege set: (same as above except for the discrepancy noted in red). 

• can enter data into “INTASC” portal in “INTASC faculty data entry” layout when accessing via FM Pro
      • can enter data into “INTASC” portal in “INTASC faculty data entry” layout when accessing via IWP
      • can enter data into the “INTASC” portal in the “CTUS” layout when accessing via FM Pro
      • CANNOT enter data into the “INTASC” portal in the “CTUS” layout when accessing via IWP (This is the problem)

Table - INTASC portal data entry by privilege set, layout, and means of access

The table below serves as an alternate means of presenting the problem. 

FM Pro

IWP

INTASC faculty…

CTUS

INTASC faculty…

CTUS

Instructor

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

CTUS

Yes

Yes

Yes

NO

Does anyone have a possible explanation as to why the data can be entered into the INTASC portal in each case except when CTUS priviege set acceses the INTASC portal through the CTUS layout via Instant Web Publishing? Thank you.

FileMaker Pro Advanced 11.0v2

FileMaker Server 8.0

iMac, Mac OSX 10.6.8

• 1. Re: Unable to enter data in portal using IWP
          nanders

Just wanted to let the forum know that I solved the problem. I changed the Record Edit access in the CTUS table to "yes" and set all field access in the CTUS table to limited..."view only". I had originally set the Record Edit access in the CTUS table to "no" because the CTUS privilege set was not supposed to have edit access to the fields in the CTUS table; the only edit access that should have been allowed was for data entry in the portal to the fields in the INTASC table. I'm still not sure why the original settings worked properly using FM Pro and not IWP, but the new settings work now for both FM Pro and IWP so I'm happy with that!