0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2011 1:00 PM by ringg

Unable to Export Formatted Text

ringg

Title

Unable to Export Formatted Text

I am creating a question bank for exam questions.  I have a field for the question text, but I am having issues with exporting the text in the proper format.  Specifically, my text is in Arial - font size 11 and contains some text in bold (the field is defined to format in Arial 11, and I've pasted text into it in Browse mode from a Microsoft Word file in Arial 11).  I want to export selected questions into a new Microsoft Word in Arial 11.  It seems that the Mail Merge option is the only viable option for exporting into Microsoft Word (right ???).  I export the field into a new Filemaker Pro v. 11 file with the "Apply current layout's data formatting to exported data." option checked.  However, in the resulting new Filemaker file the data is formatted in Helvitical 12, and when I use that as a data source for the Microsoft Word Mail Merge (Catalog), the boldface type is gone, too.  What's going on? Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug in the program?  Thanks for any help.