4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 12:30 PM by SteveMartino

Unable to hide tool bar

Title

Unable to hide tool bar

Hi

I have an "on first window" script trigger when my file is opened. I have edited this script right back to the basics to try and find out why the status tool bar is not being hidden. There are no other script triggers set up on the layout in question (that effect this). Nor is a layout automatically entered on file opening (except by my script trigger mentioned above)

I have my own custom menus. The user (me) is set up in security with Full Access...I have tried using standard filemaker menus but this had no effect. 

If I navigate from and back to the layout then the status tool bar does hide. (if I add the hide status tool bar script to the script trigger in manage layouts)

The script I run on first window open is

Go to layout (contactlist(Customers))

Show/Hide Toolbars (Lock;Hide)

Allow Formatting bar (off)

When I open the file, the status tool bar does hide, but then appears again...

Have no hair left to pull out...please help..

Note - I have just found this might be a known bug (still....????!!!)

• 1. Re: Unable to hide tool bar
          philmodjunk

There is no known bug that I know of that matches what you describe and this is a script that I frequently use in my own systems with no trouble. I recommend:

a) Launch FileMaker without opening this file

b) enable the script debugger

c) Open the file and step through the script performed by "on first window open".

This should allow you to watch the above script hide the tool bar and you may spot a clue in seeing exactly when the tool bar is brought back and by what.

• 2. Re: Unable to hide tool bar

Ok 

I have done as you have suggested. It appears that another script runs after the Scripttrigger on firstwindowopen has finished. I have no idea how though as the layout has no STs on it.. What could cause this script to run? Do you have any ideas?

• 3. Re: Unable to hide tool bar
              philmodjunk

If you watch very carefully, the script debugger should show you the name of the script trigger at the bottom of the debugger window. That could be a helpful clue here. It's possible that the script trigger is being tripped when your OnFirstWIndow open performed script exits another layout. A change in layouts can trip any one of a large number of triggers on either the layout being exited or the layout being entered.

• 4. Re: Unable to hide tool bar
                SteveMartino

I'm sure you checked this, but don't forget there could be an could also be an 'OnWindowOpen' Trigger too.