1 Reply Latest reply on May 27, 2014 9:47 AM by philmodjunk

Unable to send quote over email by export to PDF.

LeoBraverman

Title

Unable to send quote over email by export to PDF.

Good day,

I’m a newbie to Filemaker and I need some help.

Long story, short. We’re having strange issue with one particular PC after we joined it to the local Domain. Our application server runs Windows Server 2008 and all databases reside on that machine. The company uses FileMaker Pro 13 and user running it on Windows 7 64 bit OS. The problem occurs when user attempts to export a quote to PDF by clicking “Email” and trying to send a file. When he clicks on the button he receives this error message:

XXXXX.pdf could not be created on this disc. Use a different name, make more room on the disc, unlock a different disc.

He is a local administrator on that machine and it works well under his local profile.

I guess my first question is. Where can I find an instruction about FileMaker keeps its temporary folders and files? I was thinking to check that and make sure he has full set of access permissions rights.

Lately, I was able to find an answer in the knowledge base that looks like our issue. However, it still leaves me questions rather answer it:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7948/kw/could%20not%20be%20created%20on%20this%20disc.%20Use%20a%20different%20name%2C%20make%20more%20room%20on%20the%20disc%2C%20unlock%20a%20different%20disc./session/L3RpbWUvMTQwMTIwNTkxOS9zaWQvdmFVRVJqVmw%3D

So, can you please help me to fix this issue or to find any suitable workaround to rectify this problem?

I appreciate your help.

• 1. Re: Unable to send quote over email by export to PDF.
          philmodjunk

Where can I find an instruction about FileMaker keeps its temporary folders and files?

Does that mean that you specify the temporary folder as the location where the PDF is to be saved when you use Save As PDF?

That is a standard folder specific to the OS. You can get the full file path for a given computer if you use Get ( TemporaryPath ) in 1) a calculation field, 2) a show custom dialog script step or 3) in FileMaker Advanced's Data viewer.

But numerous issues can be the cause of that error message. All it can really tell you is that FileMaker was unable to create a file with the specified name at the specified location. Lack of available space or folder "write access" permission settings are the least likely causes of this error messages. Invalid file paths, file names or possibly the presence of an open file with exactly the same name and location are much more likely issues to rule out first.