3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2014 7:40 AM by philmodjunk

unable to sum related records via portal

Kaps_1

Title

unable to sum related records via portal

I have two tables items required and product weight required which are connected via the relationship:-

items required:delivery date =production weight required :delivery date

items required :: recipe  = production weight required 

and then i have a field in the production weight required table called "grand production weight" which is the sum of the related values of the field total weight of items required:-

production weight:grand production weight= sum(items required:total weight of items required).

However the value of grand production weight is always coming up as blank..

new_bread_bread.png

• 1. Re: unable to sum related records via portal
          Kaps_1

and i have set up a layout based on items required, with a portal in the header - see screen shot below. the portal being the related records in the table production weight required. see screenshot below - but even though there are 20 related records, i still get a blank for my calc. Any ideas ?

• 2. Re: unable to sum related records via portal
            Kaps_1

the last screen shot shows the calcs :-

• 3. Re: unable to sum related records via portal
              philmodjunk

Your relationship is:

items required:delivery date =production weight required :delivery date

items required :: recipe  = production weight required::Product Required

I must assume that your screen shot of the layout shows a list view layout based on Production Weight Required with a portal in the header based on Items Required. Correct? (the layout name suggests the opposite, but the fields seem consistent with my guess here.)

But that makes the portal in the header confusing as this appears to be a one to many relationship of Production Weight Required to Items required so the portal should never show more than one related record...

If I have that correct, then Sum ( items required::total weight of items required )

seems reasonable, but I'd check this from a layout based on Production Weight Required with a portal to items required to see what is shown.

and what type of field is "total weight of items required"?