3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 3:41 PM by fitch

Unable to turn on Instant Web Publishing

sudocat

Title

Unable to turn on Instant Web Publishing

When I select File->Sharing->Instant Web Publishing, some odd behavior occurs:

- I am unable to select the Status Area Language drop down box (it is grayed out)

- Selecting the Instant Web Publishing "On" radio button and then clicking OK crashes filemaker. Making any changes to the Advanced Options also crashes FM. 

System:

FM Pro Advanced 10.0v1

Mac os x 10.4.11 

Using port 81  

I hope this is enough information to get a conversation going. If not, kindly let me know. 

• 1. Re: Unable to turn on Instant Web Publishing
          TSGal

sudocat:

Thank you for your post.

The Status Area Language will not display a language until Instant Web Publishing is turned on.

I don't have a Mac OS X 10.4.x machine; only 10.5.6 machine, so I cannot duplicate your problem exactly.

Change the port to 591.  This is the port registered and reserved for FileMaker Pro.  See if you are able to now turn on Instant Web Publishing.

If you are still crashing, shut down your machine and restart.  Do not open any other applications (I do not want any possible conflict).  Then, open a file in FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, and try to turn on Instant Web Publishing.

If you are still crashing, then remove the preference file for FileMaker Pro.  They can be found at:

Home -> Library -> Preferences -> com.filemaker.pro.advanced.plist

When FileMaker Pro Advanced launches, it looks for this Preference file and reads it.  If none is found, then a new one is created.  Once removed, try launching FileMaker Pro again and turn on Instant Web Publishing.

If you are still encountering problems, let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Unable to turn on Instant Web Publishing
            GYetter

Hi!  I'm having this same problem.  I tried all of the steps you suggested, but to no avail.  Any other advice?

• 3. Re: Unable to turn on Instant Web Publishing
              fitch

I would definitely start with updating to 10.0v3, it does fix a couple of (non-crashing) IWP bugs.