2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2009 8:07 PM by rstone

Unattended imports with FM7, 8, 9?

rstone

Title

Unattended imports with FM7, 8, 9?

Our office just upgraded from FM6 to FM9.  I have a machine that I use to perform automated tasks using windows scheduler.  One thing it does is imports records from a database hosted on a server and processes records.  Files open with a script, import records, do some processing, then close themselves.  It's an unattended machine, and files are launched with the windows task scheduler.

With FM9 (and 7), I'm prompted for a username and password whenever I try to run an automated import, and I can't figure out a way around it.  I've tried creating an identical username and password to the admin account I'm downloading from on the processing file, but I'm still presented with the same dialog box when the script needs to import.  Even guest privileges allow read-only access, which would work fine, if I could get filemaker to choose that login.

Is there a way around this?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Unattended imports with FM7, 8, 9?
          Sorbsbuster

Try using File -> Options and set it to automatically log in using the Username and Password you enter.

Does that work for you?

Alan.

• 2. Re: Unattended imports with FM7, 8, 9?
            rstone

I can't automatically do that to the file I'm downloading from.  It's accessed by a variety of people who need to use different accounts to access it.  Guest access is open on the file.

I've tried logging into the updater several ways automatically - as a guest with admin privileges and with an account identical to the admin acct's login/password.  I'm still prompted for a username/password when the script hits the import step.

I've even tried opening the file with a script prior to running the import script step.  It still prompts me for a login/pass.  Very annoying.