4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2009 12:31 PM by TSGal

Unclickable fields in published form

thingmaker

Title

Unclickable fields in published form

Hello, I have a couple databases that I have put online via web publishing. They are running off a Mac server 10.5.8 and a copy of FM Pro 9.0.3. 

People can access the file fine through their browser but some pull down menus and checkboxes are 'dead', you can't get them to react. Even with different browsers (Safari and Firefox), so it isn't a cacheing problem.

I have tried rebooting the server and reloading the files but no change. If I access the databases directly with FM9 the fields all work fine. Does anyone know what may cause this discrepancy? Thanks! -Derryl

• 1. Re: Unclickable fields in published form
          TSGal

thingmaker:

Thank you for your post.

Without seeing your database file, it is difficult to determine what may be causing the problem.

For testing purposes, try adding the same checkbox field to another area of the layout.  Format the field to be a checkbox field and make the field area taller.  Then, try accessing it via Safari and/or Firefox.  Does this work?

For the pull down menus, do the same steps as above, but in the newer field, try checking the option to "Include arrow to show and hide list".  Does this work?

Try creating a new layout with the checkbox field and drop-down field.  Does this work? 

Anything else you can tell me about the layout, the fields, etc., may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Unclickable fields in published form
            DLW-BPEX

thingmaker and TSGal,

Pardon me for butting in here, but maybe I can help...

I seem to recall experiencing something similar a couple years ago with IWP. (I'm sorry I cannot locate my old post.) Some fields which could be entered within FM strangely could not with IWP.

As I recall, eventually I discovered that the problem fields did not have Tab Order set.

If this is not helpful, I apologize. But it is my vague recollection, so I hope it helps. At any rate, it is easy to check.

• 3. Re: Unclickable fields in published form
              thingmaker

Thanks TSGal for your response. On some layouts no checkboxes, pulldowns or fields can be selected. Adding a new checkbox or making the fields bigger has no effect. Also, tried from different browsers.

I have some layouts with only a button (show all records) and 2 checkboxes. And yet, the page acts as if it is just a .jpg screenshot.  I don't know if I can narrow it down farther, it couldn't be much simpler. I have quit FMP9 and restarted, no change.

It is running on a Mac OS 10.5.8 xServe.  -dr

• 4. Re: Unclickable fields in published form
                TSGal

thingmaker:

Thank you for the additional information.

At this point, I'd like to see your database file so I can test it here.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.