AnsweredAssumed Answered

Uncooperative Lookup Field in Subtotal Part

Question asked by macquest on Dec 3, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Uncooperative Lookup Field in Subtotal Part

I am using FileMaker Pro Advanced 9.0v3 on a MacPro using Mac OS X 10.5.8.

This is a 22-year-old FMP database (600 records) which draws information via Lookup relationships from 7 other databases (600 records each for 6 of them, and 115 for the one I can no longer copy information from).

My problem emerged when I recently converted this set of 8 files from FMP 6 to FMP 9 . . . all layouts continue to work reliably EXCEPT one where the Lookup relationship has stopped functioning (the other 6 Lookups work fine copying numerous field of data into individual records).

This layout is intended to copy an amount (the number of beds needed by county) from a simple 4-field Lookup file based on a "County" field match into a Subtotal of records sorted by County (beds needed) which is then subtracted from a subtotal amount (beds existing) to produce a county total (beds are needed if positive, or there is a surplus if negative). Until the conversion, it worked fine, but now it will not copy the amount from the other database.

When viewing the relationships, I have the main table plus 7 lookup tables, and the relationships all appear to be properly matched. I have tried deleting the non-functional Lookup table, resetting the relationship, and even changing it from a Lookup to a relational function, all without success. I have spent days of trying things, none of which have worked.

I was the original creator of these databases, but my level of FileMaker Pro knowledge effectively stopped improving at FMP 6 because someone else was doing the database input for the past 15 years. Now, it has been transferred back to me, and I thought I was doing a good thing when I updated these files to FMP 9, which is true EXCEPT for this one important Lookup failure.

This is NOT a shared or published database, and I am the exclusive user. I would be happy to attach a Zip-compressed version of these files to anyone who can assist me. Thank you.

Tom

Outcomes