Uncooperative Lookup Field in Subtotal Part
I am using FileMaker Pro Advanced 9.0v3 on a MacPro using Mac OS X 10.5.8.
This is a 22-year-old FMP database (600 records) which draws information via Lookup relationships from 7 other databases (600 records each for 6 of them, and 115 for the one I can no longer copy information from).
My problem emerged when I recently converted this set of 8 files from FMP 6 to FMP 9 . . . all layouts continue to work reliably EXCEPT one where the Lookup relationship has stopped functioning (the other 6 Lookups work fine copying numerous field of data into individual records).
This layout is intended to copy an amount (the number of beds needed by county) from a simple 4-field Lookup file based on a "County" field match into a Subtotal of records sorted by County (beds needed) which is then subtracted from a subtotal amount (beds existing) to produce a county total (beds are needed if positive, or there is a surplus if negative). Until the conversion, it worked fine, but now it will not copy the amount from the other database.
When viewing the relationships, I have the main table plus 7 lookup tables, and the relationships all appear to be properly matched. I have tried deleting the non-functional Lookup table, resetting the relationship, and even changing it from a Lookup to a relational function, all without success. I have spent days of trying things, none of which have worked.
I was the original creator of these databases, but my level of FileMaker Pro knowledge effectively stopped improving at FMP 6 because someone else was doing the database input for the past 15 years. Now, it has been transferred back to me, and I thought I was doing a good thing when I updated these files to FMP 9, which is true EXCEPT for this one important Lookup failure.
This is NOT a shared or published database, and I am the exclusive user. I would be happy to attach a Zip-compressed version of these files to anyone who can assist me. Thank you.